This page contains periodic announcements related to the operation of the New Zealand Energy Certificate System.
For more information on any of these announcements, please contact us directly.
19.04.22: Registry update announcement
The latest release of the NZECS Registry, as of early April 2022, included key feature changes such as:
- Clearly displaying serial numbers next to certificate bundles,
- Start date of certification, and two new declarations, in the form for creating or editing Energy Users
- Small bug fixes relating to uploading embedded generation data
For more information, please see the detailed release document below.
14.03.22: Registry update announcement
Certified Energy is committed to the ongoing improvement of our online Registry platform.
The latest release, as of the end of February 2022, included key feature changes such as:
- The capacity for Registrant to upload generation data for embedded Production Devices,
- Additional emissions fields for Registrants to populate at time of device registration,
- Energy User contact emails can be re-used across multiple Energy Users,
- Improvements to the ICP upload feature for Participants, and
- Acceptance of decimal values when inputting ICP consumption.
For more details, please see the detailed release document below.
01.12.21: Deferral of physical device audits.
In the registration of some Production Devices, required information has been captured remotely due to restrictions of movement caused by COVID-19. As a requirement of this method of registration, Certified Energy requested the right to complete a physical, on-site audit of the Production Devices in question within the following 12 months.
Due to on-going risks associated with the continued existence of COVID-19, we have extended the time period for physical audit of the Production Devices by three months, to 15 months. During this time, we will also be assessing the possibility of formalising the process of remote information provision for the purpose of registering a Production Device.
More information will be presented once available, including any decisions made relating to requirements for Production Device registration and audit.